Dragon's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon's Nest

Gaze into this, or browse the site... Your choice. <3

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More members=more posting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xephyr
Corrupt Phoenix

More members=more posting Empty
PostSubject: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 am

It's come to my attention that not many people on here are very active... We'd appreciate it if the people who weren't cancelled their accounts to make things easier, or, better yet, POST DAMNIT! People need to start being more active!
Back to top Go down
Manek Iridius
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Title = Wrong.
Post = Correct.

Nevermind the fact that the post contradicts the title, but I feel like debating for a while. More members doen't mena more posts. It just means more members. A forum can have 500 members and like, two posts. Easily.
Back to top Go down
Mattius
Seraph of the Skies
Seraph of the Skies

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm

He has a point. However, I believe also with more members will allow us to grow as forum.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonnest.darkbb.com
I love God
Mercenary
Mercenary
I love God

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:39 am

*thinks he may be asking for the ban hammer but dont really care as iam not that active lol*

well I love to throw my two cents in...thus I will! A forum with members is pointless unless theres reason for them to enjoy coming and posting for starters....your board is a rp board right? thats fine but get more rp areas! think damn it! lol and other areas of interest! also by expanding your services here you will draw and keep more people! and as people realize you mean biz...low and behold they post more! its simple really to manage and allow for the growth of a board one needs the following.

1 - a point! (you have one RPing NO RUN WITH IT!)
2 - other services (a area music etc etc etc)
3 - partners team up with other boards! dont have the balls to ask? you fail!
4 - Friendly,Smart,Active Staff! (dont like a area? dont spam it! manage it! regardless!)

its not hard to get a forum up and flying within a week if your fast and willing to do what it takes....this forum is going fine as is but dont expect members to post outside of there interest area...you infact as staff have to see to there needs in order to ensure they post!
and also its up to the staff to spread word and make partnerships with other sites...

I could go on and on lol
but I feel I may have made my point...

Cheers
~Task Master What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.templeoftheblacklight.net/
Manek Iridius
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:08 pm

Well, you're right, of course, but I'd rather see more roleplayers show up than a music board that gets fifty posts a day.

It's not that we just want posting members, it's that we want a specific type of posting member.
Back to top Go down
Shay
Fireclaw's Dragon
Fireclaw's Dragon
Shay

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm

I think if we found larger role playing sites that will allow advertizing, we may be able to get a few members who are looking for a quieter board, and assuming that several forum retards frequent the larger groups, we may attract members who are looking for none less of those here.

Last edited by Shay on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I remembered "Tumult".)
Back to top Go down
Mattius
Seraph of the Skies
Seraph of the Skies

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Ok then, I'll check one of my old rp sites soon enough. I hope you guys will try to get more members as well.
Back to top Go down
I love God
Mercenary
Mercenary
I love God

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Indeed I see your seeking rp-ers thats easy...but rp-ers are on everyboard and in most cases wish to do more and talk about more then rp you understand?
but anyway its a good call to start lurking around other rp sites...look what they offer and then look at your board...dont be afraid to use some of what they have (within reason)
but the key is simple...people will ONLY post alot in areas of interest and only if they know the board is active...

not to sound negative but...keep in mind if your only willing to rp this board wont last long before it becomes dead....you have to have a VERY open forum community with a vast area members can post and talk in....if you stay small of narrow minded you will only grow so much then die...iam not saying anything bad here bout rp-ing infact its agreat idea....there just needs to be more then one reason for someone to join this board.

anyway iam sure you dont want to hear from me on this subject anymore lmao
Cheers
~Task Master
Back to top Go down
Mattius
Seraph of the Skies
Seraph of the Skies

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:57 am

I think you do have a few good points, my friend. Speak and we will listen.
Back to top Go down
I love God
Mercenary
Mercenary
I love God

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Thank you...

My only real point I stand by is on order to be a great rp board one infact should be MORE then a rp board...atleast till you have a steady and decent size community.And as the staff its your job to go outside your area of interest to grow you board...be freindly,Smart,Active and helpful regardless...understand?
well....
I think I have said all that is needed read this and my above posts and use whatever from it you see fit. If you have any questions in regards to anything Ive said just message me...

Cheers
~Task Master
Back to top Go down
Manek Iridius
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am

I reiterate: I doubt anyone here but you cares who comes here if they don't roleplay.

A pupa (Latin pupa for doll, pl: pupae or pupas) is the life stage of some insects undergoing transformation. The pupal stage is found only in holometabolous insects, those that undergo a complete metamorphosis, going through four life stages; embryo, larva, pupa and imago. (For a list of such insects see Holometabolism).

The pupae of different groups of insects have different names such as chrysalis in the Lepidoptera and tumbler in mosquitoes. Pupae may further be enclosed in other structures such as cocoons, nests or shells.

Disregard that, I suck cocks.
Back to top Go down
Shay
Fireclaw's Dragon
Fireclaw's Dragon
Shay

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 am

Well, actually, I think it's pretty fun the way it is, with just the members we have. I'm sure more members won't hurt it, but if it gets so big as to where we can't even keep track of the hundreds of rps that come in daily, like many of those other creases of crap sites, then we wouldn't be able to keep track of them all. After all, if one was to do the math, which I won't because math sucks in my opinion, and the fact that with more members comes a higher probability of more posting. If you have ten members, six of which are actively posting and you get 100 members, you might not necessairly get sixty active posters, but there's a good chance you'll get more.

Nah, nevermind; pupae sounds good, let's go with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More members=more posting   More members=more posting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More members=more posting
Page 1 of 1